Wednesday, May 31, 2017

shazam t-shirt

 I finally remembered to take photos of my watercolour process. I drew him with a 6B pencil, which allows for a dark and light contrasty line. I drew him as quickly as I could while still watching for accuracy.
 I always start the drawing and the painting with the face. It seems I need to get that down first before the rest can follow.
 I like emphasizing shadows on the floor to really ground the figure. Without them, the person can look like they're 'floating'.
12x16" - original watercolour painting
Here's the finished product. I did his portrait first (last post) then, realizing how cute his t-shirt was and how interesting his seated body language was, I decided to do this much looser full figure.
And finally, here is a close up of it.

2 comments:

  1. I love it. Thanks for sharing your process.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen! I love your art! Happy Painting. : )

      Delete